Tuesday, February 08, 2011

award ribbon valentines

IMG_7514
Recently while browsing through my local party supply store (yes this is what I sometimes do for inspiration) I got caught up in the streamer aisle. I just couldn't resist all the pretty colors and all the fun polka dots! I bought a handful of streamers knowing that eventually I would come up with something fun to make.


IMG_7453
Finally I came up with the idea to turn my streamers into miniature award ribbons to add to a my Valentine cards.


IMG_7493
I started at one end folding the streamer, gluing it in between each fold.
(with my terrible chipped nail polish- so sorry!)

IMG_7494
I kept folding and gluing


IMG_7495
until I had a circular ruffle.


IMG_7497
Next, I cut out two strips


IMG_7498
and glued them to the back of the ruffle.


IMG_7506
I cut out a small circle from pink paper and glued it to the center of the ruffle.


IMG_7508
I added a message with pen.


IMG_7520
Last I glued it to the surface of a blank card.



IMG_7518

IMG_7513
I just can't get over how darn cute they are!


IMG_7516

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute and creative! Thanks for sharing. :)

HerminiaRegolf said...

They are very nice your miniature awards ribbons!
It's a funny prize!

Vena said...

This is very grate idea! many thanks!

Holly said...

Those are adorable! I was just in my local party supply store yesterday buying some crepe paper and decorative napkins (there are so many great ones there!) to use for various mixed media projects.

Bee said...

I've got to go to my local party supply store!! I never thought about going there for inspiration. I love your ribbons, Alisa! You are so creative!!

Chris said...

I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out @ http://usandthem1971.blogspot.com/2011/02/blogs-awards.html

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

nice!!
great idea!! thanks!!

Unknown said...

tahhhhh daaaaaah! really cute!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Adore the polka-dots!
Creative idea... thanks for sharing. :]

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

that polka dot streamer ribbon thing is the most adorable pattern I've ever seen on a streamer! And great project! :)

Janee Lookerse said...

So CUTE Alisa! Thanks for sharing the idea!

xoxo
Janee
http://yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

Susan Houseman said...

Love it!!!

pigwidget said...

Very cute and easily adapted for handing out at school in class as pins/buttons :) Thanks for the inspo!

Janna Werner said...

super cool idea!!! Janna

Erin Butson said...

Bliss... alyssa, you are so creative. love your photos. love seeing your process.

Hanni said...

I just discovered your wonderful blog and became a follower. Thank you for show and tells.

cheryl.mccann said...

those are awesome - what a great idea!

thefirstlady said...

Awesome idea. I really like that crepe paper.

Tom Foolry said...

Sweet! I've been looking around for ways to easily make award ribbons, and this is just perfect! I'm sure that my daughter will love these the next time Valentine's day comes around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails